Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Hundred Posts

I started this post 3 weeks ago, knowing I was nearing the time to post it.  It was intimidating, though, and hard to work on.  (I've finished several other posts that are now ready to share after this one goes up.)  How do I sum up over three and a half years of my life?  They were some pretty important years, too.  This of course counts all the posts since I started over at the old blog site, too.  After many thoughts, I decided the best way to go was to link to some of the most significant posts.

There was the first blog post, when I was just trying to figure things out in a new state.  This was closely followed by my first beach trip (I'd never been to the ocean before!), and an introduction to SEC football.

Later, there was our engagement, one of the best Christmases ever, and some work on wedding plans.  Before even getting married, we wound up getting Blue.  Then there was the wedding day and honeymoon to write about.

We moved to Augusta, and Devin received his white coat, we bought a house, and I got a new job that I loved. We laughed a lot, Devin supported me when my Grammam passed away, and we found many reasons to be grateful.

Then, we found our family growing with Maximus, proved ourselves running a half marathon, and enjoyed a much needed vacation in the form of another cruise.

This past summer, we took the boys camping, celebrated four Fourths of July, and marked the first day of rotations for Devin.

This fall, we were able to post the greatest countdown of all as we are now getting ready to expand our family even more.  We realized that Devin is almost a doctor and are now working on enjoying the present.

It's been such a wonderful few years, that it really feels like 25 links can't sum them all up.  Some days, I just love to look back at what has become a virtual scrapbook of our lives.  I enjoy reading the stories and seeing the pictures and videos.  I realize there are so many things missing, though.  So many meals that were never posted, private moments never shared, and events that just never made it on here.  Just let it be known that if our life looks good on here, it's at least ten times better living it.  It's not perfect, but I would not trade one second of it for anything else...ever!

1 comment: