Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Kassie Lou!

I know you, and you know me.
We are as diff’rent as the sun and the sea.

I know you, and you know me,
And that’s the way it is supposed to be.

I help you, and you help me.
We learn from problems, and we’re starting to see.

I help you, and you help me,
And that’s the way it is supposed to be.

I love you, and you love me.
We reach together for the best we can be.

I love you, and you love me,
And that’s the way it is supposed to be.


Some decade and a half ago, Kass and I song that song in our school's talent show.  As different as we were then, it's amusing to see how much alike we are now.  I couldn't imagine a life without her in it.  While I don't remember that first time I held her, I do remember the first time she was there to pose for the back to school pictures with me.  I also remember the trips and the goofy times, the camps and the hair-dos.  It's hard to imagine that it's been eleven years since Kass let me dress her up for the final photo.  That scrunchie was pretty cool back then!

Sister, I hope you have the most wonderful birthday (and year!) ever!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet post, Becky. I am really close to my sisters...now I want to see if there are some pictures of me holding them as babies. I LOVE that picture of you holding her as a baby. You had those big beautiful blue eyes back then, too. Your baby is going to have beautiful blue eyes I'm betting!

    ReplyDelete