Friday, July 11, 2008

I've Given In...

As a new person in Georgia, I have been introduced to the world of blogging. It's not that we don't have it in West Virginia...I just don't think anyone really uses it. Now, I have succumbed. I am blogging. I guess that's just one more step to fitting in around here.

To summerize...

Six weeks ago, I left my family in West Virginia 6 weeks ago and moved to Athens, GA to work on my Master's Degree in Social Work. We had just spent 2 amazing (but chilly) weeks in a cabin at Canaan Valley Resort, but I was excited to start my "real adult life" and have it be somewhere warmer.


Since the day I left, the weather has been interesting. Shortly after arriving, my AC broke in what was the hottest weather so far this summer. Or, I decide to have fun outside when it is sweltering hot. Just yesterday, I nearly melted at Six Flags trying to stay cool as every ride we tried to go on broke down.


However, there have been a few amazing rainstorms (some accompanied by porch swings)!

All in all, though, it has been a very fun, action packed time since I've moved. And, I'm learning my way around campus (just in time for fall!), I'm getting used to the size of the city, and I'm sooo glad to be here!

6 comments:

  1. well welcome to the wild world of blogging. it is definately really popular down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad that picture of my ultra-sweaty face made it into your first blog post . . . what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, actually, there are quite a few WV LDS people on here besides myself. In my Bookmarks, I have roughly 30 some; some are listed on my blog, some aren't. It's been popular here for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blog, but you aren't an official blogger unless you have new entries to read every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I'm looking forward to more of your adventures in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay, Becky!!! I am excited about your blog.

    ReplyDelete