Monday, July 28, 2008

Stone Mountian

This past Saturday, I visited Stone Mountain, Georgia for the first time. It was a day I would never forget! As you will see, the theme of the day was "water." To start, the mountain was absolutely amazing to see. Many places in West Virginia are named after Stonewall Jackson, so I had never realized that he was actually on the Confederate side of the Civil War!

After spending a little time playing in the shops, we watched a movie in the 4D theater on telling tall tales. The 4th dimension was supposed to be bursts of air and mists of water coming from the back of the seat in front of you. Well, my mister malfunctioned, and I came out of it with a very wet face! I couldn't figure out why no one else was wiping off their glasses throughout the movie...haha. I definitely laughed when the lights came back on!

Next we spent some time on the lake with the paddle boats, which of course was fun. Then, we waited in line for an hour to try out the new Sky Hike. The Sky Hike is a high ropes course with built in harness guides so that lots of people can do it at the same time. Well, some people aren't as brave as others, so the course got backed up a bit. By the end of it, though, the skies had opened up and it was pouring rain. We were absolutely soaked. However, we still hadn't been to the top of the mountain. So, we dried off as best and as quickly as we could and then rushed to the top (possibly setting a new record with our climb!).

Once we reached the top is was sooo worth it! The view was amazing, and the sunset was breathtaking. We also made it back down just in time to see the laser show. Overall, it was one of the best experiences of my summer! :]

2 comments:

  1. I saw all your cute pictures on facebook. I love Stone Mountain I have only been to the lazer show, but I've always wanted to climb to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I could tell you this because you're just upstairs, but I'll just type it. I can't believe how beautiful the sunset is! I'm glad you and Devon had fun

    ReplyDelete