Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mo Problems

I need to preface this blog by saying that my car is my baby. His name is Mo...as in autoMObile. I bought him all on my own over Christmas break when I was 19. And, I fell in love with him. We definitely spend a lot of time together, too. (haha) So, when anything happens to him, I get really stressed out.


For the past few days, Mo wasn't starting quite as easily. Then, I had no problems for a whole day, so I thought he must be okay. Wrong! Yesterday I got in him to find the battery light coming on even though the battery was practically brand new. After getting that checked with the warrenty at Wal-Mart, I was told that it was drained and would be replaced for free. But, once they were done, they then let me know I needed a new alternator. So, I headed to the nearest mechanic and got a very high estimate but didn't think I had any other options. Wrong again! After conferring with my Dad, I learned that Devin could install it for me. He spent time reading up on it to make sure, too. After a night of (unsuccessfully) trying to steal back my car and going and buying my own alternator, we had a plan to take care of it this morning.



However, the mechanics started working on Mo long before they were answering the phone this morning. And, even though we arrived a while before they opened, Mo was already done. Boo! So, I got ripped off. But, the bright side is that he is fixed! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Dang! I wanted to see Devin change the alternator. Glad your car is okay though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate car problems they are always so inconvienient (sp)! I'm glad its fixed now though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me see your blog. And could you please write to me on my blog to fill me in about Devin? West Virginians need to keep each other updated (even when they live in Georgia and Utah...)!

    ReplyDelete