Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Love Love LOVE for My New Job!!!

Like the title says, I absolutely LOVE my new job! After two days in orientation, I spent my first day in the clinic today. I am now the new social worker for the Senior Center in the Ambulatory Care Center at the Medical College of Georgia. There is SUCH a positive atmosphere just about anywhere you go. MCG Health has been a pioneer over the past couple decades instituting an innovative practice model that is focused on empowering patients and their families as part of the health care team.
In addition to this, I really have great co-workers and love all of the patients I have met so far. The nurse I work with has been wonderful in helping me get acclamated to the clinic. My doctor spent time today not just showing me how to do my job but actually teaching me. Everyone else in the office was wonderful as well. When I showed up this morning, I had a beautiful flower arrangement and card to welcome me there.

Later in the day, a vender even came by to talk to me! The nurse ran interferance and said that she could come back again in a month once I got settled in at the clinic. But, the vender did leave a fun flyer with a cute flip-flop lollipop!

A few weeks ago, a dreaded the thought of going to work. I felt like I was dragging through the days just waiting to leave. The last two days of orientation were fun, but I wouldn't have wanted to do that forever. However, today flew by, and I was soaking up every minute. I even stayed a little later after loosing track of time. Now, I can't wait to wake up and go back again tomorrow!
Thank you Babe for finding me this new job!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! I am SO happy for you! This is wonderful news! And flowers too! Impressive! I vote yes for that vebdor just because his handout is amazing and perfectly you! I'll call asap to talk to you about all this in person. Love ya sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you love your job! I know you will be a wonderful social worker for the seniors you help. If I ever get old(er) and need help from a social worker, I am coming to MCG to see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're happy with your new job! It sounds like such a dynamic, interesting, challenging experience. And now you and Devin can have lunch together sometimes :-). Hope Primary went okay...

    ReplyDelete