Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day One...


...of rotations that is!!  Devin spent his morning in orientations (followed by lunch with me!!) before getting to work in neurology.  He got his first sub-choice doing consults for neuro all over the hospital.  Both his "buddy" med student and the resident he is assigned to are very entertaining, likable guys.  And, he was already fed dinner on his first day!  So far, we know that Devin needs to be there no later than 7:30 in the morning, but he's not sure if he'll be doing anything on the weekends.  There is no call for these four weeks, and the time he gets done will vary from day to day.  I couldn't be happier.  My Babe is soooo very happy to be doing this, and I'm so excited for him!!  Plus, we are officially in the second half of med school with less time in front of us than is behind us...woohoo!!!

4 comments:

  1. This picture reminds me of little kid first days of school pictures. I'm excited to hear about all of Devin's adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many, many congrats, to Devin...and to you!!

    I laughed at how Amanda said that the picture reminds her of the first day of school pictures. I see the white coat there!! I saw so many of those when John was hospitalized in the CMC with his preemie problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually told Devin that I wanted to do a picture like the first day of school. He was actually walking towards me, though, because he was not going to stop and pose like a 6 year old with a new spider-man lunch box. I had to laugh...

    ReplyDelete