Tuesday, July 19, 2011

On to Better Things...

Remember when I wrote about Mo's retirement?  Well, he has been able to spend the last month and a half with a great view under a pretty tree outside my in-laws' home.  However, today he headed off to what lies ahead.  My very sweet mother-in-law (who knows of my emotional attachment to my Mo), was so thoughtful in sending me a picture just before he headed off.



After receiving the picture text, I forwarded it on to a couple other people, because I loved it so much!  My sister (who also names her cars!) responded, and we had the most awesome text chat.

Kass: They killed Mo!
Becky:  What? He's sold to an auto auction, and someone will likely buy him for parts...he'll be an organ donor!!!  (Side Note: This is how Devin helped me feel better about it all.)
K:  Oh good! I thought he was going to be smashed!
B:  No!!!! No smashing for my Mo!!! I was ready to accept a lower price from another parts (instead of a scrap yard) place just so he wouldn't be smashed. Although, he probably will be smashed in the end after being gutted...
B:  I just like to think he'll be melted down and go to something really cool...like building a new navy ship!
K:  Ooooh! Or maybe he can be used to build a special needs playground or a playground in an inner city! :D
B:  Or a cruise ship! Or a tractor! Maybe an airplane or a children's hospital!!
B:  I think he'd make an awesome stealth fighter plane!!
K:  Or several awesome prosthetics or shiny wheel chairs! :)
K:  Maybe part of a shelter or a library!
B:  A new school or a much needed well!
K:  Oh definitely!  Or imagine the awesome statue he could be in a city park or town square! :)
B:  A roller coaster!!!
K:  That's the winner!!!!!!! :D
B:  Looooove it!! He really does get to be reincarnated!!!
K:  Gotta run to my hair appt. Love you! :)
B:  Love you too sis!!

So, we may not have picked the most altruistic of all the options, but the point of this is that my car is on to bigger and better things.  After all his spare parts go to help other cars in need, the rest of him will hopefully go to making some lives happier and/or better!  Goodbye Mo!  We've had a great run.  I hope your next life is just as good as this one...if not better!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have made your beloved Mo an ORGAN DONOR! Reincarnation is a beautiful thing. ☺

    I think it is so sweet that your Mother-in-Law sent that picture. Look at brave little Mo...heading off to make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete