Thursday, June 9, 2011

For my Mo

For 5 1/2 years, my dear sweet car has been wonderful to me.  He was my first major purchase ever, and I have loved him so much!  However, he has grown from a sturdy, dapper gentlemen into a somewhat decrepit old man.  If he were a person, he'd be on a whole pile of different meds just to keep him going.  But, he is not a person.  And, it was time for him to go the way of dusty death. (Can you name the play?)  If you find me strange for personifying my car, just look through these photos, and you will see why we are so close.


Have you ever seen someone so excited to be holding a key in all your life?


Back in the day, Mo and I would drive around with that old Nokia phone and me wearing that Italian charm bracelet.  It's proof that we go waaaaaaay back.


I selected one of many pictures of me posed with Mo.  There have been many.  He was an awesome listener and knew so many of my most secret thoughts.  I loved our chats on long car rides.  He helped me realize that I loved Devin during one such drive.  Oh the memories!

Meet Zipper

Zipper is our new car.  He's a beautiful, shiny 2010 Honda Civic DX.  We love him.  But, I know he will never replace my Mo.  Maybe as we get better acquainted we'll form a similar bond.  For now, though, I'm just loving the way he handles and the fun I have behind the wheel!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zipper! I also love the way you described Mo. (From a dapper gentleman to a decrepit old man. Hilarious.)

    It was great of Mo to help you realize you loved Devin. No wonder you love Mo so much. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thank you Lauren! Of all the memories I have with Mo, that one ranks at the top! So, to spare everyone the boredom of reading through years of memories, I thought I'd just share the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ride!! Also, cool that you had mulberry trees in WV--I never had seen one before moving up here.

    ReplyDelete