Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Gratitudes

Instead of doing a post every day on something I am grateful for, or else updating my facebook status with it daily, I decided I would pay attention to the little moments and thoughts throughout this month.  Then, I would add them to this post to publish it later.  So, here goes!

1. When we cook something delicious, I can smell it everywhere in the house.  Even a toasted bagel makes my bathroom smell wonderful.  For this, our house is the perfect size.

2. My husband and I laugh all the time about nothing in particular.  I absolutely love being goofy and love when we come up with new inside jokes.  (i.e. Brian Reagan-like mispairing of words)

3. Our love seat is awesome.  Not that I still don't love the couch we bought the week before getting married (after opening a few cards and cashing the checks early), it's just that this new love seat is, well, new.  And it's deep and soft and just a little bit fuzzy.

4. Call me strange, but I really like helping my husband study.  This month, he's been doing his neuropsych unit, which is what I know like the back of my hand.  So, I have had a lot of opportunities to help him.  I also pretended to be a patient so that he could practice for his physical exam practical, but that's another story involving him beating my elbows with a brush trying to test my reflexes.

5. With my new benefits as an MCGHealth employee, I was able to get 24 pairs of contacts for $14.  This means I will actually follow the doctors orders and change them every 2 weeks instead of once a month.

6. Devin and I share a taste for orange tictacs.  We can split a box and eat them all in one sitting.  Weird, I know, but I enjoy the little "likes" that we share.  However, we do disagree over whether or not they are candy.  It makes for a good debate from time to time.

7. We have some really awesome friends.  They inspire us in ways too varied and complex to describe.  Having so many wonderful people in our lives is truly a blessing.  We used to wonder if it would be more difficult to make friends when we were married, but that has definitely not proven to be the case.

8. Tissue boxes are fun.  It's the perfect way to liven up my desk at work.  About a week before Thanksgiving, I put out my "Polar Bear Swim Club" holographic box after using up my fun Halloween one.  Thank you Puffs!

9. Picture texts are wonderful.  There is something so neat about being able to connect with my sisters visually on an almost daily basis.  We send each other pics when trying to decide between two items at the store or determining if an article of clothing is really worth the price on the tag.  We also trade pics of little things like our slippers, class notes, dogs, weather, beautiful views, food, outfits, pimples, injuries, etc.

10. Blue always goes to bed at the same time as me.  On the occasion that Devin stays up later than us, Blue gets to sleep on the bed for a while.  It's strange how hard he works sometimes to act like a human, but it's also very amusing to see him lay with his head on Devin's pillow like it's the most natural thing in the world.

I doubt I will spend much time on the computer tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to share this.  While there are many more things that did not make this list, these are just a few inspired by my everyday life throughout the past couple weeks.  Tomorrow, my day will be filled with family, food, and beautiful weather!  I hope your day will be just as wonderful...Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am certainly grateful for picture text messaging too! SO MUCH FUN! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete