Monday, November 8, 2010

A Seat of Love

When we bought a house, we realized we didn't have enough furniture.  Actually, we knew that when we got married and lived in a large house for our first summer together.  We were only there for three months, though.  But, we moved into a rental when we first came to Augusta and had enough furniture for that house.  Then, when we left our rental and moved to our home, we found a need (and want) for more. Now, seven months later, we finally began looking around about a week ago.  Additional seating for our fairly bare living room was the first order of business.  It turns out I am a picky furniture person.  We looked online for ideas and went to several stores.  At one, we found something we liked, but it was not available in the color we wanted.  At another, the colors were right, but the styles were wrong.  We eventually made our way to Weinberger's Outlet on Friday, which is awesome.  We found several love seats there that we liked and could work in our room.  We actually had choices!  We made a selection and picked it up today. 
Now, we are in love...with each other and our seat for two!
Now, we have to decide what we want next...a new rug, end tables, or an entertainment center/tv stand.  Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Your new love seat looks nice. Is it comfy? That is my deciding factor on buying new furniture.

    I love that you still have your camp chair in the living room even though you have a new love seat. :)

    I have no idea what you should buy next, but I think I'd vote for the end tables. The rug you have looks like it will do for now, and I am not a fan of entertainment centers...they are too bulky. That said, a TV stand could be okay.

    Okay, I decided on my vote...artwork. I think you should get more decor for you walls because you mentioned needing some, and artwork makes a house feel like a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just loving your coffee table. We got rid of ours after several moves and I miss the official "sitting room-ness" of it.
    And ditto with the artwork. I also love my Costco bookshelf with all of my heart.

    ReplyDelete