Monday, November 22, 2010

My Glorious Weekend

Sometimes, there is a weekend that stands out as wonderful because it is so very different than the rest.  When I was younger, this was usually a weekend when something really exciting happened--like going to the zoo.  In college, it might have been a weekend where I either went out of town or a friend came into town.  This one, though was so different, because there was nothing, I repeat, nothing that we had to do.  And that has not happened in a long, long time.  So, we made the most of it, and it went something like this:

* Leave work early on Friday because I had stayed late the day before.  Spend that extra time laughing and relaxing with my husband and my dog.  (Friday afternoons have always been my favorite time of the week.)
* Then, we went out to dinner and a movie with friends.  Yes, we saw Harry Potter 7 part 1.  It was awesome.  While there was some unnecessary-ness added in that I didn't like, I felt it was the best movie they had come out with in a while.
* Saturday morning we slept in.  When we woke up, we laid in bed and talked.  Blue got to come up and snuggle with us, too.  I think I'd slept between 9 and 10 hours.
* I stayed in my pajamas until sometime around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  After showering, we grabbed a late lunch/early dinner at Cracker Barrel and then went to Sam's Club and Target.  When we got home, I changed out of my jeans and put on sweatpants.  (The jeans were on maybe 4 hours...maybe.)
* After church on Sunday, we both came home and once more got comfortable.  (Sweat pants or pajamas for both of us!)  We ate an oven pizza and watched something out of our DVR together.  It was the only tv we really watched all weekend. 
* We ended up going outside to our nice, grassy backyard and playing with our dog.  Devin then tossed a little more grass seed around before his daily watering. (He had gotten dressed, I hadn't.)
* By evening time, I decided to put on some real clothes.  We took Blue on our usually 3 mile walking route while discussing evolution, environmentalism, military, real estate, people, plants, history, animals, foster care, and a bunch of other topics.

To make this all much shorter, my weekend was wonderful, restful, and very much needed.  With some much time in lounging clothes, it pretty much had to be.  Now, I just have a 3 day workweek before all the Thanksgiving festivities.  I hope your weekend was just as great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment