Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Good Laugh

I love, love, love to talk the moment I climb in bed.  I blame this on having shared a room with a sister for practically my entire life until college where we could talk ourselves to sleep.  After nearly two years of marriage, Devin has pretty much gotten used to this.  Nowadays, we are rarely even make it to bed when we plan to and then generally talk much later than we should.  Towards the end of a week, we get sleepier and more slap happy during this time.  Once, a political discussion led to tears as I was imagining NASA astronauts building a railroad.  I know--very strange.  Last night, our conversation went something like this:

B: I talked to someone yesterday about watering our grass while we are gone.
D: Okay, although I don't know if it'll need it.  I'm going to have to replant one side when we get back anyways.
B: Oh, so we need more seed?
D: Yes, and I want to get top soil, too.  I'll only need about ten bags.
B: So, we'll need to budget for that next month.  How much is it?
D: Don't worry...top soil is dirt cheap.

This unintended pun led to a lot of laughter on my part.  I love it.  And don't worry, Devin groaned and hid his face in shame at such a bad joke.  Then I laughed some more.

1 comment: