Friday, March 18, 2011

Countdown to Cruising

We are going on a cruise in two weeks!!!  When I wrote this post, I mentioned how much I was looking forward to simply looking forward to the cruise.  After months of this, though, it's down to time to get things done!  So, we have been very busy getting ready.  Here's a rundown of all we've been up to:

* We finally booked our shore excursions last week.  In Haiti, we will spend our time in lounge chairs or hammocks listening to local musicians and eating delicious foods on a beautiful beach.  In Jamaica, we will be touring the Green Grotto Caves and then climbing the Dunns River Falls.  In Cozumel, we will take an ATV through the jungle to visit Mayan ruins before snorkeling in a reef and eating a locally prepared lunch.

* I got my hair cut!  This also coincided with my race being over, but I am loving it more and more each day.  And, I finally broke down and bought my first flat iron this week because my stylist recommended using one instead of a curling iron...even though my hair has no natural curl...

* We have booked our shows for the cruise.  On the largest class of ships, Royal Caribbean allows you to do this before getting on board to simplify the process.  We were able to get seatings for every show except the comedy hour.  However, there will be an opportunity to hopefully get this worked out onboard or do standby seating...we're not too concerned.

* I have started clothes shopping!  So far, I have bought a new cocktail dress for one of the formal nights and three shirts.  I still need a couple more shirts, maybe a pair of shorts, a bathing suit, and shoes.  Devin hasn't started shopping yet but has agreed that we will do it all in one marathon session next Saturday.  I'm also working on a shopping list for Target as well.

* Our packing list has been made.  It is complete with check boxes (two if it's an item we both need) because I'm a little OCD sometimes.  But, I don't want to have to buy Devin new shoes because he forgot them (like last time) or run out of high SPF sunscreen (like last time) because we just weren't prepared.

* The bed in our spare room has started to become the staging ground for everything.  I plan to just keep adding to that bed in preparation for packing.  I consider it my "staging ground."  Anything I know I won't use before the cruise will go there.  So far, it's just clothes, but all the other items will start to stack up soon, too.

* I have been cleaning my house like crazy.  It's not just your regular, everyday cleaning though.  I'm doing those things that only happen once in a while like scrubbing the drip pans on your stove and moving your furniture to sweep where it usually sits.  We have friends who will be staying in our house with our dogs while we are gone, and I want to make sure that everything is nice for them.  Also, we went ahead and paid for the one night that the boys will be in boarding right at the end of the trip.

* Also, I've been compiling our documents for the trip.  We have completed our online check in but still need to print everything out.  Our luggage tags came in the mail.  Our passports are both ready to go.  Shoretrips.com has just emailed me to let me know I can print the vouchers for our Cozumel excursion.  So, that will be a weekend project of organizing it all in a folder.

After typing all this, I realize I have been even more preoccupied than I originally thought.  Before going, we still have a lot of shopping to do, more stuff to get done around the house, figuring out where to stay the night before we sail, and packing!  Obviously, I am super excited about all of this.  For those of you who were kind enough to read all the way through this long winded post, I will leave a picture of the beautiful Oasis (pulled from the web of course)!  In just a couple weeks, we'll be posting cruise pictures we took ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment