Friday, September 16, 2011

Confession: I'm Obsessed with my Stats


Yes, it's just like it sounds.  One of my favorite parts of being a blogger is looking at my stats page.  It's so addicting to see how many people are looking at my blog, where they are looking from, and what browser and operating system they are using even! (I have many more PC friends than anything else apparently...woot!)  However, since switching over to this new blog a few months ago, I've really enjoyed seeing how people arrive at my blog.  This is particularly interesting because I know allow my blog to turn up in Google search results.  In the past month, the most common searches to redirect to my blog are (drum roll please)...

     in my heels
     sand sculpture sunset beach nc
     what to wear to labadee haiti
     "i'm too tall"
     ecrh hospital in augusta ga
     my dads the greatest dad and my dads the smartest dad
     orbit mist gum
     orbit mist watermelon
     super high heels

Yeah, not as exciting as you may have thought but pretty fun for me.  These results come from 6 different posts.  However, I feel badly that there is probably a young girl out there trying to deal with the fact that she is a head taller than everyone else she knows, and all I did was complain that the top of my head was chopped off in a picture because I wore really high heels when I was already at least 3 inches taller than everyone else in that photo.  Hopefully she moved on to a more helpful search result quickly...

3 comments:

  1. When you click on stats...does that mean people that are looking at your blog or people's blogs that you look on? I am going to have to have you explain the stats to me sometime. I can never figure them out. I'm kind of a loser when it comes to computer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your autumn post. I think your post may point to the difference between living in a cold place vs. a warm place. I am in mourning for fall. I've just had the weather of my dreams, and now it's fading away for the next nine months. It just makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, when you select stats it's the people who look at your blog. I can show it to you sometime!

    Tara, I don't envy you at all! Of course, your summers are much more pleasant than ours, though...

    ReplyDelete