Monday, September 12, 2011

Belated Labor Day

So, I know I promised an exciting post about our awesome three day weekend, and now a week later as less-than-exciting post is going up.  I do have to say, the third year of medical school is a lot less predictable than the first two.  Devin ended up having to work all three mornings, which put the kibosh on us doing too much, but the low key weekend was what I needed at the time.

On Saturday, we kicked off college football with the UGA game.  We planned to go to Chick-fil-a since they were sponsoring the game, but we used a gift certificate somewhere else instead.  Honestly, the loss was disappointing, but it was fun to have football back.  Two losses in a row has been a little more painful now.  But, it was fun to wear red and black and talk up the game with our waitress beforehand.



On Sunday, Devin agreed to be a good sport and wear Gold and Blue while we watched the WVU game after church.  I made lil' smokies, pepperoni rolls, and sugar cookies for dinner.  We (mostly me) got excited. Then, there was a rain delay during the game.  And then there was another one...and another one.  Finally, I gave up and went to bed.  It was nice to wake up and find out the game had finally been called resulting in a win for us.  It was even better watching us play two days ago and seeing us win again!



On Monday, I slept in.  I finished a book.  I went to Target and Publix.  And, we had a great dinner with friends.  I think I ended the weekend a few pounds heavier, but definitely happy and well rested.  I hope your weekend(s) have been wonderful also!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of you, two. You are a really cute couple. Devin cracks me up in the one where he is looking suspiciously at the camera.

    ReplyDelete