Monday, August 8, 2011

A Quick Trip to Utah (in photos!)

Okay...one week after returning, I am getting the post up.  As a note, my nephew Ricky was the primary photographer assigned to my camera for the weekend.  He is 6 (and a half!).  So, please appreciate the "who" of the pictures more than the artistry.  Although, I think he did a pretty darn good job for his height!

Five of the six sisters were able to be there for Mandy's wedding.  This picture was taken just before her reception.  Obviously, I'm too tall in my heels compared to everyone else, because the top of my head was just shaved off to accomadate better framing for the photo.


I loved seeing my sister so happy.  Jim is a pretty good guy, and they are very lucky to have each other.


We of course had to photograph all the siblings who were there together.  Thankfully, my brothers made me feel a little more vertically normal.


After watching the professional photographers posing people for the photos, Ricky decided to try his hand at a more interesting pose.  I was confused why he wanted me to make a fist for the picture...until he grabbed my hand and pulled it into Jess' face!  This may be one of my favorite picks from the weekend!


After several hours in our awesome looking, super high heels, our feet hurt beyond belief.  Chaz and Matt were literally holding us up at times until we could finally take the shoes off.


This weekend was the first time I got to meet my nephew Logan!  He turned 7 months old the day we all headed out of town.  While there, Nicki, Kass, and I gave him his first haircut.  I may or may not have messed up on one of his sideburns...badly.


After Mandy headed out on her honeymoon, the rest of us headed up to play at the National Forest situated around Mount Timpanogas.  While there, I made my foray into the world of planking...


...and owling.  Obviously, I hadn't read the rules because my arms and head are all wrong in the planking photo...and probably the owling one too!


We did get a big group shot of us at the end all sweaty and dirty.  It was a fun little trip though.  As a family big into National Parks and Forests, it was worth the drive out of town.


The next day, everyone but Kass and me headed back in the early, early morning.  We decided to spend some time exploring Temple Square before my flight took off.  We posed on the traditional wedding platform of course.


And, we couldn't resist having fun in front of the giant fountain!!!
  

There were literally thousands more pictures taken during the trip, but these sum up most of the highlights.  In short, the plane rides were obnoxious and long, my sister is married and happy, and it was absolutely wonderful to have time with my family!

p.s. While I was gone, Devin finally got our internet switched to a new provider.  It took me less time to load these 12 pictures than it used to take to load just one...hurray!!!

1 comment:

  1. What provider did Devin switch to? My computer is as slow as molasses running up a hill. (Sorry, my mom used to say that...)

    You and your sisters look a lot alike ☺.

    I hadn't heard of, "Owling" yet.

    ReplyDelete