Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh My Goodness it's FINALLY Friday!!

This has been a rough week.  At the beginning of the school year, I counted ahead to see how many times a test week would coincide with a "hormonal week" for me.  These overlaps led to some near self destruction during Devin's first year of medical school.  So, I wanted to be prepared.  Knowing they were coming, I could plan for them and be okay.  However, soooo many other things happened this week to through off my groove that I just turned into a train wreck.  I don't know that I ever want to relive the past three days.  I am already questioning whether I have a stomach ulcer from the anxiety of it all.  There are a few things that helped me survive it all, though.

* Yoga was my salvation on Tuesday.  I have two amazing friends that I take the class with, and that makes it even better.  I didn't even get a complaint when I showed up to class grumpy and venting.  By the end, though, I was feeling amazing.

* Running has become very therapeutic.  I've tried out some new routes and have been learning to run without music (or with only quiet music).  The time has turned into a decompression session for my mind.  Plus, with my new running sunglasses on, no one can see when a tear slips out.

* I love my dogs.  As I have mentioned before, Blue is very tuned in to my emotions.  And, Max is constantly sweet and affectionate.  One night this week, Devin came to tell me goodnight before staying up for a marathon of studying and called Blue up on the bed to sleep with me for a while.  He was kind enough to snuggle right up to me and pass out without question.

* Music is wonderful.  While doing chores last night, I popped in my ear buds and sang along.  It. was. awesome.  I actually enjoyed doing my chores while wondering what song would pop up next with my whole mp3 player on shuffle.

* Even with his test coming up, Devin was so tuned into me.  He has learned when to suggest solutions, when to be a sounding board, and when to just listen.  I love how he can always make me feel better.

* Friends are wonderful.  I love that I can vent to them without judgement and with complete understanding.  I will always be grateful for my wives club for helping me find such awesome friends.  Seeing and spending time with these friends multiple times this week was wonderful.

On an even happier note, Devin is taking his test right now.  And, he always calls me when he's done to let me know how it went.  Plus, he was very prepared for this test, so he should be in a pretty good mood when he is finished.  Then, we have a lunch date at our very favorite deli that is only open for lunchtime!  We also have very little planned for this weekend, which I love.  Our run is only 8 miles tomorrow, I've been promised a fro-yo date, and we will enjoy some awesome weather at the dog park.  Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. What made your week extra stressful? I'm glad things are looking up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete