Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday Blue

My baby turned two years old yesterday!  How did this happen?!?  It seems like just last week I had a 5 week old puppy who would only sleep at night if he was laying on my head/pillow.  He was chewing up my cell phone charger as the low battery light was blinking, tearing up my toilet paper, and shaking on the floorboards any time he had to ride in the car.
Now, I have the most wonderful, well behaved, beautiful dog there ever was who lets me know any time his little brother (or any visiting dog) is doing something he's not supposed to do.  Honestly, Blue trembles at the idea of misbehaving.  He loves chewing on bones, tearing through rawhides, and only shakes when he's getting a bath.  He never did like those.
Over the past two years, Blue's personality is one thing that hasn't changed.  I feel it has developed some, but in pictures you can see the same streak of attitude that has never gone away.
Blue still believes he is a human.  There is nothing he loves more than laying on the bed with us, sharing the pillows.  He certainly loves to play with Maximus, but he often prefers to sit on the couch with me and growl as Max if he tries to join us.  They have learned to share his foof chair, though.
I feel like we are so lucky for having Blue come into our home and into our lives.  We could not have asked for a better dog.  We made sure his birthday was special and delicious.  He and Max have feasted on ice cream, treats from Fetch (a dog bakery), and even got a little bit of real bacon.  For his birthday breakfast, Blue ate an oversized birthday bone.  Of course, Blue also got a new toy to celebrate.  We love you Blue dog!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! He sure is a cute! I LOVE ths pictures of his "attitude." Love you!

    ReplyDelete