Monday, February 21, 2011

Adventures of Blue & Maximus

In honor of Max turning 6 months old today, I figured I would break down and blog about my dogs.  I try not to do this too often, so I appreciate the excuse.  First off, a cute video of them playing together.  This could go on for hours.  In fact, my favorite version of this video was several minutes longer, but I doubted anyone would actually want to watch all of it. 


Now that we have come to know Maximus a little bit better, I feel much more able to write about who he is as a person...er, dog.  Max is a mischievous little guy with the best set of puppy dog eyes I have ever seen.  He is charming, social, and loves to have fun.  Once he is asleep, he is is such a sound sleeper.  However, it can be difficult at times to get him to wind down.  At the dog park, he is the life of the party.  He has no fear, and will try to entice even the biggest dogs to play with him.  While there, he is most often found in the middle of a large pile of dogs playing some game that he initiated.


Max's name has led to a pile of different nicknames including Maxy-moose, Maxi-poo, and Moose-a-max.  We also call him "The Tubby Puppy."  If there ever was a puppy fitting the description of "tubby," it would be Max.  He's a little tank who is now tipping the scales at 18.5 pounds!  He loves his food more than any other dog that I know.  We sure are glad to have him, though.



Blue is still the same wonderful dog he has always been.  He is patient with his brother, while still asserting his dominance.  He is independent but loves attention.  He is laid back, content, and very aware of his surroundings.  Blue still continues to amaze me with how perceptive he is to my mood.  On Blue's birthday, I tried to describe how Blue's attitude streak has reappeared in pictures as a puppy and an adult.  These two pictures, taken today and roughly 13 months ago, help show what I am talking about.  Crazy, huh?

This afternoon at the dog park, Devin and I discussed the differences between the two dogs.  To best sum it up, we decided that were they to attend college, Blue would be an athlete, and Max would be a frat boy.  It's the best way we could come up with to describe them.  However, you have never seen two dogs who loved each other more than these to do!  And, I wouldn't trade either of them for the world...

3 comments:

  1. Dogs make me so happy. They make every home way more complete! Your two sure are adorable! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I have an entire blog dedicated to Kyle, it's understandable that you post about your two boys every now and then. They sure are cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs are soooo cute! Our beagle also likes her food more than any dog I've ever met. Must be a hound thing :)

    ReplyDelete