Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Lovely Day

Yesterday was by far my favorite Valentine's day ever.  Before work, I surprised Devin with his favorite breakfast served in bed.  It was fun to enjoy sausage biscuits, eggs, and orange juice to start the day.  Of course, I didn't get any pictures.

After work, Devin told me I wasn't allowed in the master bathroom.  As I got changed, my mind was running through all the possibilities of what he could be hiding in there.  As it turns out, he just wanted to redirect me to hall bathroom where he had been able to hang my present.  My sweet husband had decided that I didn't need to just but a cheap pair of managable sunglasses to run in but deserved some with quality.  He spent time researching the best ones before running around town trying to find them.


Because the day was beautiful, we headed to the dog park.  Obviously, our dogs are pretty much our favorite pastime.  We had lots of fun watching them with the big crowd there.  Afterwards, we loved watching them fall asleep cuddled up on the kitchen floor.


While they were sleeping, we were making a delicious dinner.  Eating out is so commonplace for us, that we decided there was nothing special about doing it.  And, we didn't want to fight the crowds we faced last year.  Plus, we have learned to really enjoy cooking dinner together.  On the menu was filet mignon on the grill, fresh green beans, roasted potatoes, mini cheesecake pudding pies, and sparkling white grape juice.  Once again, I didn't photograph the food.  But, I did capture the desserts.  We laughed at Devin's strawberries and my flop with the chocolate.  (Note to self: dark chocolate does not melt to a drizzle consistancy like milk chocolate.) 



After dinner, Devin opened his presents and we got some quality down time together.  I had planned on getting a picture of us together (we haven't taken one since Christmas and Jessa still has not even sent those to me!), but again I forgot.  That seems to be a theme these days...

3 comments:

  1. You didn't say what you got Devin. I like the sunglasses he got you, but the box of Jelly Bellies is my favorite thing in that picture. That's better than a box of chocolates any day. Way to go Devin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHA. I love that he put your sunglasses on a towel creature (is that a bat? a sloth? a monkey?). Hilario. Your menu sounds better than ours ... frozen pizza :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the towel monkey... just like your honeymoon cruise! Devin is such a thoughtful guy. Love ya sister! :)

    ReplyDelete