Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Week

So, it's Wednesday...the day I get to look at the week equally from both directions.  And, I did not expect what I've got.  On Monday, my facebook status read something about all my ambitions for this test week. For example, my plans included shopping for curtains, stripping wallpaper, scrubbing my floors, and getting some items hung on my walls.  Instead, I've had my evenings booked and none of this is done.  This is my week, forward and back:

Sunday: Survive church.  With boundaries redone in our area, we gained a bunch of kids and lost several teachers.  As president of Primary (the children's organization), I had to deal with all of this.  Then, I picked up my dog from boarding and napped a little after a week of exhaustion.  I also made my to-do list that hasn't been touched.

Monday: Get my eyes dialated at my annual eye appointment.  Then, I sat in the dark most of the evening.  I really didn't think I needed to try to use a hammer when I couldn't see.  However, I did get a chance to sit and talk on our porch swing with Devin during a study break in the cool evening air...looooved it!!!

Tuesday: YOGA!!!  I missed it terribly after having to skip 2 classes.  Then, I talked on the phone...all evening...oops.

Wednesday: Booking my Spring Break Cruise and Church Meeting.  I'm trying to organize getting teachers lined up for all the kids ASAP.  And, let's face it, a cruise is priority for me.  I dream about a week with my husband and no job/med school/telephone/wives club/church/internet/family/friends/life to deal with.  It's just us in the middle of the ocean, and I'm so glad it's getting finalized!!!  Also, I got my flu and tdap shots today.  I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep on my side for a week because both arms are pretty darn sore.

Thursday: Wives' Club event.  We're eating chili and carving pumpkins.  I'm very excited.  First though, I have to go grocery shopping.

Friday: Test Day!!!  Then, we will set up for the Halloween Party at church and then eat out for dinner.  I'm thinking Takosushi?

Saturday:  Halloween Party.  Enough said.

Anyhow, no where in there did I see my awesome decorating skills coming into play.  And, my house certainly won't be seeing any deep cleaning.  Oh well...maybe next week!

4 comments:

  1. You week sounds about as crazy as mine. Usually I get excited when the week is almost over, but this week I need a few more days.

    Even though you didn't get that much done, I'm glad we had a nice long chat yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Becky... I love how dramatic all of your medical encounters are. I couldn't even feel my flu shot, and when I had my eyes fully dialted in December I went shopping afterwards and acted normal (of course I don't have eye problems). ;)

    Sounds like life is crazy! Good luck with that decorating. I too never seem to get my "to do" list done. But the other things are so much fun and exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment #2... b/c the first one didn't give me the option to have follow up responses sent to my email. :)

    ReplyDelete