Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

So, even though it is just now Halloween today, I have had a lot of celebrating the past few days.  First, I carved a pumpkin with my Wives Club to donate to the Ronald McDonald House.  I managed not to hurt myself while creating the pumpkin on the left.  (Please don't notice that one of the teeth is held on with a toothpick.)
Then, my Babe carved our pumpkin.  Which, of course, was better.  That is why it has become his job to make our Mr. Punkin every year.  This year's Mr. Punkin was featured in our Church's Pumpkin Penny Toss at the Trunk or Treat and Carnival.  Devin gave me a choice of a mean face, a happy face, or a devious face.  I think it's pretty obvious which one I picked...I think...
Speaking of which, myself and one other person were in charge of all the festivities at the Church last night.  It was a lot of work!  We had a dinner and a slew of games (10 or 11?) before the Trunk or Treating.  For the cupcake walk, I made a bunch of these cute cupcakes.  Devin enjoyed his (I didn't get to eat one), and they were all gone at the end of the night.
I also made cute slime cups (jell-o and gummy worms) for our kids who have gluten free diets of just don't like cupcakes.  Most of the jell-o was sugar free, too, as not one of those kids needed any more of that last night.
When it came time for the candy giving, our car was fully decorated.  Or, at least a little decorated.  Do you recognize these?
That's right!  We were Mario and Luigi, with a little bit of our world there with us outside our car.  I didn't get a picture before I spilled water, though.  It was a lot of fun to wear those costumes, but I am glad that I will never have the option to grow a mustache!  That was not comfortable at all.
Now, we are waiting and wondering if anyone will stop by our house tonight.  We have kept a reserve of candy (one big bowl full) so that we can be prepared.  It's full of our favorite candies, so if it doesn't get given away, we are okay with that.  I hope your holiday was as wonderful as ours!  Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I love your costumes! I wish I could have seen them.

    ReplyDelete