Monday, October 4, 2010

Dream Haircut

On Thursday, I have an appointment to get my hair cut.  Since moving to Augusta 14 months ago, I have just been walking into Great Clips for a trim once in a while.  Sometimes, a little more was "trimmed" than others, but my hair has been essentially the same.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for a big change or if I just want things trimmed up.  I know that I don't look good with short hair.  And, my hair is bone straight and very flat...leaving very little to work with.  If I lived in a different reality, my hair would look like Sarah Connor's from "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."
Doesn't her hair look really, really good? 
I can't help but admire it...a lot.

Beacause I am living in this reality, this was the closest I could get to her hair.  For about 2.3 minutes after I curled it, my hair looked somewhat like hers.  ( I just didn't get to the camera in time.)
So...any suggestions on what to do?  I want to get my money's worth, and I have received a great reccommendation on the stylist.  Any help before Thursday would be much appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I want to chop layers into my hair SO badly! What do you think!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Kassie getting layers, but that is an awful idea for you. As the sister with the same hair as you, long and straight is the way to go. My layers and shorter hair are bugging me after just over a month. I'm looking forward to having long hair like yours again. It might be the same as always, but it looks really good on you.

    Maybe this is just a case of the grass is always greener on the other side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amanda. I got layers at my last appointment and I still don't know why I was so stupid. The problem with layers is that they make it impossible to do my hair. When my hair is one length, I can curl my hair easily in rollers or with a curling iron, but I have no chance for success with layers. Don't do it! But still beg to look fabulous from the great person you're going to. Explain your dilemmas and ask for styling advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With hair like yours it's gonna be a pain in the butt to fix everyday.
    Unless you're cool with that. I would suggest a good root lifter and a big barrel curling iron.
    Otherwise
    The longer the layers the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice! I went and talked to the stylist, and she had great suggestions! Apparently, I've always gotten the wrong type of layers in the past, and she worked to blend and smooth everything perfectly. I love it! Kass...we have almost the same hair, so I'm guessing it would work great for you, too!

    ReplyDelete