Monday, October 18, 2010

Great-ful for the Little Things...

Life's not always perfect.  Sometimes sad/bad/mad things can happen.  But, I love that I can always find somthing to be grateful for...and I've got a great number of things I can put on my list.  Mostly, I love the little things...

1.  My husband thanked me for folding the big pile of laundry I just washed.  He knows how much I hate doing this.  I'm grateful he noticed and appreciated it enough to comment.

2.  I love to watch my dog get excited over tennis balls, marshmellows, and being allowed on the bed.  I'm greatful that he shows me how amazing every day can be.

3.  Cell phones are amazing.  The internet is too.  I am grateful that I can reach my family at a moments notice or get information that I need so quickly and effortlessly.

4.  Eating dinner with a friend is wonderful.  Finishing it with a Chick-fil-a milkshake is even better.  I am grateful for friends to share good company with and good food to enjoy while we do it.

5.  Rodney Atkins is cool.  He reminds me of everything I love about America.  Seriously, listen to his song It's America.  I'm grateful for his reminders of what it means to live in the USA and in the South.  (btw...he may just convince me to move to East Tennessee...his songs are that good...)

6.  My life is so full of so many unbelievable opportunities.  Sometimes, I like to look back and realize that have been so very, very blessed in my life.  I swear I must be one of the luckiest people in the world.  I couldn't ask for a better life and wouldn't change a thing.  I'm grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and has given me this life that I have.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile! Having lived in East TN for 20 years, I HIGHLY recommend it. I drove through there yesterday, and the leaves are beautiful right now! You should make a weekend trip there!

    ReplyDelete