Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homecoming

Let me just preface this by saying that Devin is in both his and my least favorite rotation so far.  This trip couldn't have come at a better time.  Honestly, if I could fast forward through the next two weeks, I would strongly be tempted to do so.  The hours aren't that bad...it's just everything else about it that is unpleasant.  I also started writing this last week, but lacked motivation because this rotation = yuck.  But, this post is not about whining.

Last weekend Two weekends ago, I decided to escape all my responsibilities and the craziness of life here in Augusta to drive 8 hours north.  It was Homecoming for WVU.  Not only did I need the escape, but I got to see Jess as well!  The weather was disgusting all Friday and Saturday, but it was sooo worth it just to be there.

On Friday, we went to the parade.  Jess and I both love, love, LOVE the old lady cheerleaders.  A picture doesn't really do them justice, but I missed seeing them for the past 3 years!


It's also fun to see the alumni marching band try to remember how to march in formation.  I did get a video of the super serious octogenarian (I'm guessing) beating it out on a snare drum.  I don't think his skills have faded at all in the past six decades.


Jess bought us matching shirts for the game.  Unfortunately, they were only one of 7 layers each of us were wearing, so you couldn't see them as soon as we finished suiting up.


We were trying to look fierce.  Mostly, I think I just look like I gain 20 pounds with all the layers and have to go to the bathroom.  We laughed over this one...a lot.


It was a very wet game.  I eventually moved the backpack under my poncho and spent the rest of the game with my arms inside it, too.  The gloves I'd brought were soaked pretty quickly.


This was part of the pre-game show.  While I've been able to watch many games in Georgia, I haven't been able to see this in 4 years!


On the way back, Zipper broke 30,000 miles.  


And, the weather was absolutely gorgeous...when it really didn't matter anymore.


Thanks Jess for the awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment