Friday, May 20, 2011

A Surprisingly Wonderful Week

Have you ever had one of those Sundays when you looked at the week ahead in disdain?  I have.  Five days ago, I was not all too happy about what was ahead.  I had very few reasons to be excited about the week.  I had a sinus infection, I wasn't feeling good, Devin's in the middle of board prep, the weather was supposed to be gross, and there was nothing all that exciting to look forward to before the weekend.  On top of that, the weekend ending had been so busy that I didn't really feel rested.

Then, lots of stuff happened this week.  My laptop died.  The air conditioner in my car broke...again.  Work was crazy busy.  Sounds pretty awful right?  Surprisingly, no.

Somehow, I have been super Zen about all the craziness and have had one of the most amazing weeks ever.  There was nothing big or awesome that happened, but the little moments were just too perfect.  On Monday, Devin planned his lunch break with mine so that we could have a quick lunch date.  I think we probably talked about fungus or bacteria or something part of the time, but I also filled him in on some funny moments from the world of TV he's been missing out on.  And we had good old regular small talk.  Then, I also got my dogs new toys on Tuesday.  Last night, they were so entertaining that I did almost nothing else but watch them play for over an hour.  Because Devin has been staying up later than me every night, Blue has also gotten to sleep on the bed with me a lot, which I love.

On top of all this, there have been lots of chats with family, tele-shopping with my mom and sisters (do you like how I just made up a term for it?), planning for our big end-of boards hiking trip, and delicious foods on sale at my favorite stores.  The weather hasn't been all that bad, and life has really just felt wonderful.  Strange huh?  And now, because they are just too darn cute, I'll close with a picture of my spoiled dogs surrounded by all their new toys.  Sorry for the picture quality...only my phone was handy!


Oh my goodness, don't you just love them?  I sure do!  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment