Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh Dear!

That's what I exclaim when something goes wrong. Is the soup boiling over?  Oh Dear!  Did the car just make a particularly end of life-ish sound?  Oh Dear!  Did I just drop something I really shouldn't have?  Oh Dear!  Where did I get this?  I have no idea.

My biggest "Oh Dear!" of late: my poor Lappytop is dead.  Two nights ago, the low power icon came on, even though it was plugged in.  Oh Dear!  After trying a bazillion outlets and disconnects/reconnects, it still was not working.  Thanks to Amazon, a new cord is on the way.  Until then, my poor, dead Lappytop (real name)


has been replaced by OLDSKOOL.


Yes, when Devin set up our home network, he did in fact rename my old laptop for it's um, advanced technological age.  Poor OLDSKOOL.  He went through part of undergrad, all of grad school, and the early days of marriage with me.  At least he got to come out of retirement for a few days to chug his way through the internet.  Maybe I'll even dig through his hard drive and see what treasures I can find.  I'm sure I'll appreciate Lappytop even more when he's back in action in a few days, though!

p.s. It took roughly 5,000 hours (give or take a few) to upload both of these photos.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment