Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Random Thoughts

I check my google reader several times a day.  It's so fun to read updates on the lives of the people I care about. I'm sad when I have none to read.  However, I have not always been the best about posting.  I vowed to do better about writing on my own blog but am slipping again. Besides writing about running yet again, there are just random thoughts that each are not worthy of a post by themselves.  So, I've decided to compile them here in a post to avoid an even longer blog-gap.  I will also vow to do something amusing and blog-worthy in the near future.  I promise. So, here are the thoughts:

* Don't knock your favorite insulated, flying WV, conveniece store-style cup off the night stand.  I did.  After five years of drinking out of the same cup in the middle of the night, it is no more.  The cup broke!  I was sooo unhappy.  But, I was also cold, did not want to get out of bed for a new cup, and therefore spent the night thirsty.  But, I don't even know what cup I would use!
Yeah...the two layers cracked apart.  I didn't even know that was possible!
* Apparently, when your office heater brakes, it may first have to get colder before it gets warmer in there.  You may spend a whole day wearing your coat and scarf wishing you could type with gloves on.  But, you wore think knitted ones, so you can't.
* The office white elephant gift exchange is strange.  It's possible that you will go through the entire thing thinking of a nice use for every single item (maybe even stealing one or two as the opportunity arises) to end up with the the next to last opened present--which also happens to be the only one that you don't want.  It may even be a set of Corona beer glasses.  And, you may in fact be the only person in the room who does not drink alcohol.  This may then be akward for everyone else.
I think I'll save these for a gag gift...
* Even when you check the box on Amazon that says "send in as few shipments as possible" you will still get waaaay too many boxes if your order is more than a couple items.  They will come from warehouses all over the US.  It will induce anxiety in any control-obsessed person because you could end up with as many as 10 boxes spread between three mail carriers all at the same time.  And, they never. update. tracking.  Of course, the day after it came you get a text saying that it was delivered...duh.

* Overhearing your husband teach your dog while snuggling/studying for an exam may be one of the most adorable things ever to happen.  Especially when the dog seems extremely content that it is going on, and your husband seems to think it's the most natural happening in the world..
Could they be any cuter?
* I hate the cold.  Anyone who knows my probably knows this fact.  It was a motivating factor in my moving to the south.  However, I hate it more than ever.  I've felt like I couldn't get warm for the past week or two.  Last night, Devin put my favorite blanket in the dryer until it was HOT.  Then, I finally felt warm.

So, there are my thought for now.  I'll try to update again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Awww... that was so sweet of Devin to out your blanket in the dryer (drier?). And adorable about him teaching Blue! So cute! Love ya sister and see you soon!

    PS Your vow to do something blog worthy soon... DUH! CHRISTMAS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your half-marathon blog and here is my advice:
    1) running 3-4 times a week (like you're doing) is fantastic. The other days, it's good to swim, or do yoga, or whatever. I did my long runs on Saturdays, usually, and that was fun, and easy to plan for. The few times I couldn't do the Saturday run, I'd do it on Monday.
    2) Spandex is awesome! You won't experience any chafing, which is great.
    3) Eat and drink water before you run. I'd usually eat a piece of bread before I ran, but I ate oatmeal (with water) on my half marathon day and it was great!
    4) Treat injuries immediately. My knees started hurting a month or so into training, so I got knee braces. I needed them for about a month, and then I'd built up enough muscle around my knees not to need the bands any more.
    That's all for now, but I'm excited for you! Oh, and don't be crushed if you don't lose weight while you're training. You'll be building muscle, which weighs more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog made me happy. It's the little moments that are the most fun. I'm glad you captured a few.

    Since you mentioned loving having something to read on your google reader, I just updated my blog. I wonder if you'll ever comment on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kass...of course I'll blog about Christmas! But, that's still over a week away, and I want to have fun before then! Cookies, perhaps?
    Tara...thank you for the great advice! My weight loss has actually leveled off since I started training, and I've been getting frustrated. Spandex is on my Christmas list, though!
    Mandy...check your blog. I commented. I was glad to have something to read this morning too!

    ReplyDelete