Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Thoughts

This is the first Mother's Day I've ever really felt was about me.  And, technically I'm not even a mother yet.  But, my wonderful husband has made a point of spoiling me beyond belief today...and really for the whole weekend.  I'm a pretty lucky person.

As I look forward so very, very much to the time when I am actually a mother, I definitely find myself thinking about my own mom a lot more.  She has played such a role in shaping who I am today.  I can never tell her just how grateful I am for this.


My mom is a passionate person.  She taught me to stand up for what I know to be right, to not be afraid to make a little noise, and to remain true to myself.  The two of us don't always agree, but I think that we have learned to disagree with each other very well when it happens.  We love to debate ideas and usually neither of us changes our mind, but we have learned how to see each other's point of view.


Mom also taught me the need for fun in my life.  She was frequently the one telling me to let loose, embrace the moment, and focusing on enjoying the journey instead of focusing on reaching the end too quick.  I can't count the number of times we've laughed until we've cried while gasping for breath.  Sometimes, she'll do things "just because" that always make a day better.


There have been so many good (and tough) lessons I've learned from my wonderful mother over the years.  As I've started on my own journey to motherhood I already find myself looking to her for more wisdom, knowledge, and maybe just a sympathetic ear sometimes.  Mom, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you becoming my mom...when you didn't have to be.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment