Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Assitantship-ing

This past week my graduate assistantship has really gotten up and running. I am so grateful to have it to pay for my college, but I've been terrified that it would be to much for me to handle. Thankfully, it started of slow, but the past couple days I've really jumped head first into it. However, as I met with the professor that I work with today, I've realized that it provides many unplanned benefits, such as making me feel smart. For example, I've been praised for completing the simplest of tasks that he couldn't do himself. These include but are not limited to:

  • Creating a line graph in Excel
  • Printing return address labels from a template
  • Filing a stack of jumbled old papers
  • Recalculating mean scores in a spreadsheet

Needless to say, most of you could have done any of these tasks. But, it still nice to hear him brag about how I'm "smart but not nerdy" to the other professors...especially when one is a WVU Alum! I definitely think this is a job worth sticking with...

No comments:

Post a Comment