Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Wrong Colors...

Today I picked up my UGA football tickets for the 2008 season. And, it couldn't have been more ironic that the band was practicing at the same exact time. When I first arrived, I was really excited. But, as I got the tickets and started walking back to my car, it struck me how wrong everything felt. The tickets were not Gold & Blue but Red & Black. And, the band wasn't playing Country Roads or even Simple Gifts! Now as I sit here listening to "2009 Gold N Blue" though, everything is a bit more in perspective. I will never be a fair weather fan with my Alma Mater, but I need football games to attend, too. So, I have no guilt in cheering for Georgia. I want them to do well. I just want WVU to do well, also. So, this will be a very interesting year going to SEC games dressed up and then coming home to watch Big East games in my Maniac tees and a hat. But, my dream would be a national championship game between my two teams. So, tomorrow, I will get excited by wearing my UGA scrubs to work. But, I am always going to bleed gold and blue!



1 comment: