Friday, August 22, 2008

St. Mary's Adventures...

As of this week, I am an MSW Intern at St. Mary's Hospital here in Athens. And, I've survived my first few days! They have been such busy days. I am learning TONS. Now that it is Friday, I can confidently use the fax machine, make copies, file papers, and retrieve charts! Haha...that's not all, though. I am also learning the medical lingo and am now not only able to explain what a DMA-6 and a Level-1 is, but I can complete them, too! I'm also building report with the nursing staff and am recognized by at least one of the hospitalist doctors! Yay! I've also started to learn the difference between all the different SNFs and can list of the most popular ones. And, I'm sure all of this is much more fascinating to me than anyone else, but I am excited! I just can't wait until I can actually do work on my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment