Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Toilet Troubles

Since I have moved into my new place at the end of May, our toilets have functioned less than satisfactory. In the year previous to me coming, the plumber had been out to visit several times but never solved any problems. Well...it all changed for the worse when I tried to flush a tissue (that's it!) yesterday. The toilet quickly backed up faster than I could plunge and started pouring over. With nowhere to go, it leaked under the toilet, down to the first floor, and started coming out through the light fixture above our table. It was horrible! After becoming covered in toilet water (eww) trying to clean it up, the situation was under control. However, we are still waiting on an electrician more than 24 hours later to come check the light. And, my toilet has mocked me by having no problems flushing ever since. Darn plumbing!

2 comments:

  1. You need to ask josh about this subject and work. He's had to move offices twice because of this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...the joys of renting...I'm so sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete