Thursday, September 25, 2008

Puppy Love

Kadeeja (the 13-year-old young lady that I mentor) and I have been very interested in pets lately. We have gone to the dog park with my roommate and her dogs as well as visiting two pet stores. And, we both have puppy love!


I almost adopted this rescue dog at the pet store today. I'd felt going to the pet stores as opposed to volunteering at the a shelter was safer because I'd never be able to afford a store dog. However, this store had an adoption program with the local shelter. We took him out and played with him for a very long time. The only thing that kept me from getting him was the fact that I couldn't take him home today. As I walked out, though, a couple was just getting him out themselves. Hopefully he'll get a good home with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment