Monday, April 18, 2011

Running Thoughts

I dreamed about running a marathon last night. Everything went wrong as I forgot my shoes, shocks, sunglasses, and sunscreen. And, I missed the expo! Thus, I missed getting my bib or having a chance to replace any forgotten items. In the dream, Devin and my dad were driving through the night to pass off items and save the day. I'm pretty lucky to have them both.

This morning, I woke up and remembered that today is the Boston Marathon! I'm sure that influenced my dream, but it sure isn't fun to be a bundle of nerves for someone else's race. While I'm excited at the possibility that an American could win Boston in either the male or female division this year (Kara Goucher or Ryan Hall anyone?), I'm not quite sure it's worth loosing sleep over. However, I am tracking them online and will be receiving text updates from the Boston Athletic Association to track them both.

In my own personal racing news, I'd like to train for another race (or races). I'm contemplating doing another half in August followed by one in November. This would mean a pretty constant process that would carry me from mid-may through the first week of November--23 weeks total. It's just a big commitment, especially since Devin probably won't be able to do it with me thanks to rotations.

If I do run another one soon, I think I will be training a little differently. I have become a little obsessed with the Garmin Forerunner 610 although the price isn't pretty. It isn't even available to buy just yet as it was just premiered at the Boston and London Marathons this past weekend. While I may not be able to afford that one, it does mean that the 405cx model I had previously looked at is cheaper, though. I'm kind of excited about the idea of training with a GPS watch. And, I have a birthday coming...

Now, I'm going to end my string of running thoughts and go check some updates. Ryan Hall should be hitting the 5k mark any second...have a happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment