Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dog Days of Spring

Yes, I know that saying is the Dog Days of Summer, but I live in Georgia. Summer weather starts early, and I've been having to remind myself for weeks that it's still spring. I love it. While I am not a fan of the pollen or the two times it has snowed since moving here almost two years ago, I definitely am grateful I moved here.

A few great reasons to live in the South:
1. I can start wearing shorts in March.
2. I have a reason to own so many flipflops.
3. Local produce shows up much earlier in the year.
4. There are so many fun things to do with dogs!

I am loving exploring our new town with great friends. A couple weekends ago, Devin, Blue, and I went to the canal for a five mile walk/play date. Blue loved hanging out with Charlie (the Great Dane) and Jackson (the Boxer). Of course, Devin had fun talking med school with Justin, while Sheena, Ashley, and I had plenty of girl talk. Also, Blue learned how to swim, which was so fun to watch! I'm looking forward to a lot more fun over the rest of this nice long summer!

My adorable puppy showing off his new skills.

Yay for tired, happy puppies at the end of a long walk!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Cute pics! I love doggie adventures! Mandy told me about Google Reader, and now I normally know about your blogs within a few hours of it posting. Love it! And love you! Can't wait to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete