Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Anniversary

On December 17, 2008, Devin and I took our first trip to Helen, GA. At 4:47 that afternoon, Devin proposed to me, and of course I said yes! Moments before he proposed, we took this picture of ourselves...

On May 2, 2009 at 2:00pm, Devin and I were married in the Atlanta, GA temple. It was such an amazing, happy day. This is one of my favorite pictures from that day.

This past weekend, we went out of town to celebrate our one year anniversary. I knew we were going somewhere, but Devin kept it a secret until we hit the highway just where we were going. He planned a trip for us back through memory lane. This involved passing through Athens, where we stopped for dinner at one of our favorite restraunts, Cali-n-titos. Then, we went through Commerce, GA and spent some time at Funopolis where we had gone on one of our first dates. Then, we continued on to Helen, GA for a two nights. We shopped, ate, mini golfed, and enjoyed the break from our stressful lives. We also hiked through a misty rain back up to Anna Ruby Falls where we got engaged.

This past year has been such an amazing year. I had looked forward to being married to Devin, but I never really knew how much I would enjoy married life. I realize now that it is the little moments I love. It's the times when I roll over in my sleep and remember he is there or watching him make goofy faces and laugh with me. I love eating dinner together and praying together and dancing together and even paying bills together. Thank you, Babe, for this wonderful year!

3 comments:

  1. Awww... I LOVE this post! It sounds like the rip was amazing... and so thoughful! I especially love the "1-year-later" photo that you took by the falls. It's perfect! Love ya so much sister and am so happy for you! Tell Devin ho for me! :)

    PS... I think I like the top photo you have posted on your blog more than the last one... mainly because it's more for this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You updated your blog (and made me an important person)!

    I love how happy you and Devin are together. You have had a lot of adventures for only being married a year. Devin's idea to take you on a trip down memory lane was perfect! Here's to many more happy years together!

    Devin, I'm glad you are in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete