Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day


Yesterday in nursery Calvin's wonderful teachers took the time to do a keepsake hand print with a poem of all the little kids.  They also made and colored cards and taped kisses to the envelope.  When I picked him up, My heart skipped at being handed these gifts--the first in a long line of Mother's Day art projects for years to come.  Really, it was just paper and string and crayon and red paint, but it was a wonderful reminder of all that I have now, how far we've come, and all the memories we'll create in the future.

Devin was wonderful in cooking for me all day and waiting on me readily.  Calvin was sweet and hilarious.  We spent time together playing the piano, making messes in the playroom, and reading even bigger than usual stacks of books.  He didn't know that the day was special, but he willingly shared his Mr. "Tomato" Head with me anyways.  Then, for the first time in a looong time, Calvin needed me in the middle of the night.  I stumbled upstairs, got him orajel, and rocked him for a few peaceful minutes.  I loved that reminder of everyday (or night) motherhood.  A lot has changed since last Mother's Day, but I'm glad we still got a little extra time to rock together.

Of course, Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without mentioning my own amazing Mom.  I loved that Calvin asked to go to "Maw's House" yesterday morning.  We would have both enjoyed a day with her.  I've written about my Mom a couple times before, but I just wanted to say once more how thankful I am for her every day.  No matter how old I get, she still listens through my tears, laughs through my stories, celebrates through my successes, and guides through my struggles.  I'm so lucky to have her in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment