Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Doctor's Day!!

Since I'm no longer working in a hospital, Doctor's Day snuck up on me a little this year.  I only remembered it a couple days ago.  But what is even more amazing this year is having the day no longer be about the physicians I work for but the one I'm married to instead.  It got me thinking about the last four years in our journey to now.

Oh White Coat!  We really were such babies back then!  We've certainly done a lot in the years since, but I feel like we have grown up and grown together so, so much since that day.


Eventually, we made it to third year, and Devin started his rotations.  In between was a whole lot of book work, tests, and sitting.  Devin was really excited to be doing something instead of just learning about something.


One of the best parts of finally reaching his rotations was seeing him during the day almost every day.  For the most part, we were in the same hospital all the time and would cross paths.  And, we ate lunch together most days, too!  It was a lot of fun to see him in scrubs and being treated as a doctor.


Finally, we reached Match Day!  In our minds, this has always been bigger and more important than graduation, and now it's done!


He is so very, very close now to officially being a doctor!  Only six weeks, and it will be official!


I'm so proud of all that Devin has accomplished.  It's pretty darn amazing that this part of his journey is nearly complete.  I'm really excited for the rest of white life has to bring celebrating my very own Doctor!

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at your blog, I saw the last picture of Devin and it made me laugh. Too bad it isn't true any more or I'd say he needs to wear it at the same time Calvin has his doctor romper on. :)

    ReplyDelete