Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat

With how very few visitors we receive at our door on Halloween night, our church Trunk or Treat has become the mainstay of our celebrating.  Two years ago, Devin and I were Mario and Luigi.  It was the most fun we'd had for the holiday in years.  While we planned to top it last year, Devin was on call in the hospital for his surgery rotation, and I only went to get rid of the massive pile of candy we'd been accumulating that I was too nauseous to eat.  (Also, I was in charge of the accompanying dinner and couldn't skip it.)

This year, we wanted to make sure Calvin had the best first Halloween ever...and I'm pretty sure we succeeded!  I spent quite a bit of time peicing together a family of costumes for us, but Calvin's was by far the best.

 
Without the pacifier mustache, he was pretty much the happiest baby pirate you ever did see.

 
I think the resemblance is rather remarkable, though!
 
 
We rounded out the ensamble with Peter Pan and Wendy costumes.  You can't see it, but Devin is actually wearing modified tights!
 
 
We'll have to see how creative we can be in topping this next year!

2 comments:

  1. You all looked FABULOUS!! I was dying over the incredible costumes and CALVIN was DARLING!! The mustache pacifier was so creative and looked great!

    I found Devin's hat and sword at the church after the Trunk or Treat. I asked him if Mike could use them Wednesday to dress up for work. He is going to wear green scrubs and your accents. If you need them back before Wednesday please let me know. I want you to have them if you need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! You all look SOOO great, but I must saw my adorable nephew stole the show! He is the cutest Captain Hook EVER! Love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete