Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happiness Is...

Let's Goooooo...Mountaineers!
The Holidays and Happiness are pretty closely linked in my book.  And, Happiness reflects gratitude quite nicely.  The day after Thanksgiving, Devin and I picked out our annual Christmas ornament at Hallmark.  In Hounor of the Moose joining our family this year, we selected a Peanuts ornament that talks about Happiness.  So, in light of that (and the fact I never got a Thanksgiving post up) I want to share a list of my Happiness right now.

Happiness Is...

...snuggles from your dogs after not seeing them for 3 days.

...fresh made waffles on a Sunday morning.

...a giant bin of clothes on loan from your amazing sister-in-law and switching to elastic waistbands on Thanksgiving day!

...eating at all your favorite restraunts, enjoying a huge Thanksgiving feast, and generally stuffing yourself for 4 days without gaining any weight.

...knowing that you will see your family in just over 3 weeks.

...finding a place and time to appreciate some silence and realizing how wonderful it feels.

...sleeping in and then laying in bed talking with your favorite person.

...dancing in the kitchen.

...watching your football team pull off a win.

...grocery shopping with your husband on a Saturday night because we really do enjoy it that much.

...fresh sheets and fluffy pillows when you make it back home after a few days.

...finding those moments where it feels like nothing could ever be more perfect than it is right then.

As we are now moving into the Christmas season, I hope everyone can find those little moments that define what Happiness means to them.  As Charlie Brown says in our ornament, "Happiness is one thing to one person and another thing to another person."  May this be your happiest holiday season yet!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. That was lovely. I loved your list. Your happiness is wonderful and does my heart good.

    I am also amazed that you did not gain any weight after feasting for 4 days....

    ...I think I know where all the weight gain went. Please come to my house if you want to see where it is...

    Yay for elastic waistband pants! That's a fun milestone. ☺

    ReplyDelete