Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts on Yoga

Yesterday I started my first yoga class ever with my friend Sheena. I have never done it before, so it was quite the experience. While I can see how I might fall in love with yoga in the future, today I feel like I was run over by a steam roller. Muscles I didn't know I had are screaming at me today. But, it's a good feeling to know I got a good workout. Here are some of my thoughts on the ups and downs of yoga...

Pros:
Learning I have above average flexibility
Awesome feeling of accomplishment
Having time fly by faster than in any other workout

Cons:
Breathing that feels completely backwards
Being afraid of farting with my rear up in the air
Large amounts of pain in unknown muscles

We will see how this eight week class goes, but if I can avoid beans on Tuesdays, get in a little better shape, and figure out how to "stick out my belly" when I inhale, I think I may have to take another class after this one!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool--do you take from Tess at MCG? I've been doing a little, too, and it is definitely a challenge, but in a different way than any other sort of exercise is, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds backwards but if you ever look at a baby breathing that's exactly how it's done;) Good luck! I love yoga:)

    ReplyDelete