Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Today my google reader was full of everyone sharing their pictures and stories at work about St. Patrick's day. It seems like everyone had something creative, exciting, or unique to do for the day. And, our staff luncheon discussion focused for some time around corned beef and cabbage. With the maiden name of McCollum, this had always been a big holiday. I wore green to avoid pinches as I am Irish. I had a visiting teacher who referred to me as "the Irish lass" for the whole day in middle school. I too ate corned beef and cabbage. Now, though, my last name is Stephens, which is English. And, no one knew yesterday that I could be pinched for not wearing green. And, I much prefer to wear the color blue. So, yesterday, for the first time ever, I chose to do nothing for the holiday. Well, almost nothing. I put a green hairband on my wrist just in case...

1 comment:

  1. Becky...I cannot believe you didn't celebrate St. Patty's day! Shame on you! I'm sure you could have found something better than a green hair tie to wear. Sigh! Less than a year with a new name and already rebelling... Is this just an excuse for forgetting?

    ReplyDelete