Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alphabet Soup

Right now, I am swimming in letters. I am studying to take my ASWB Exam to get my LMSW. And I am tired of selecting A, B, C, or D as I do my practice questions. Then, there is the 60 page list of acronyms that could be relevant to social work practice included with my study materials. I must not confuse the CDI with the BDI. I must know that DBT is used with people who are diagnosed with BPD. I am also spending plenty of time reviewing my copy of the DSM IV-TR. And, I am going through all of this just to take my exam and then begin collecting CEUs. The scrambled letters seem like enough to make just about anyone dizzy. I am definitely ready for this exam to be over soon.

2 comments:

  1. I read you post to Sarah Micci. We decided that all professions have alphabet soup codes that only insiders understand... Sigh!

    When did you decide to take your test? Good luck whenever it is. :)

    ReplyDelete