Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July

I haven't done to well with posting this month, so I'm just going to sum everything up. Independence Day was a lot of fun for Devin and me. We spent the day cooking a huge meal and had family over to share it with us. Then, we were able to go watch the fireworks at Bishop's Park. We didn't get to do this last year because Devin had to work, so I was especially excited about it. And, it ended up being amazing.

We have also spent this month perfecting our pizza making ablilities. In February we attempted to make our own pizza crust for the first time. It didn't turn out too well. But, we've made pizza four times this month and seem to be getting closer to where we need to be with the help of our great cookbook.


Also, we were able to go visit my family for a few days. The trip flew by too quickly. We spent one day hiking at Ohiopyle and visiting the waterfalls. This was actually the first time that Devin, Blue, and I posed for a family photo. Blue loved his time with my parents' dogs on this vacation and almost stayed behind when we left.

Another day, we visited a lake and spent the day canoeing, swimming, kayaking, playing volleyball, and playing with a frisbee. We picnicked bu the lake for lunch, too. After lunch, we rented a hydrobike to try, which was so much fun but more difficult than you would imagine.

Yesterday, we left my family's home to head back to Watkinsville. On the way, I received a phone call from East Central Regional Hospital in Augusta with a job offer! I am very excited because this was a job I really wanted. It is a better job than I could have ever hoped to have straight out of college. I will start working on August 3rd. Then, Devin starts med school on August 10th. Now, Devin and I are just trying to finalize everything to move there in a week!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a paddle boat of sorts...interesting.

    and congrats on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Becky! You'll do such a great job at your new job and I'm just excited for you. What a bright, amazing future you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like August is only going to get one post, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete